Diseased Peripheral Blood
Your source for quality fresh and cryopreserved human cells
StemExpress is a premier provider of human diseased peripheral blood, plasma, serum, and peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs). Using our strategically located collection centers and our partnering hospitals, we are able to ensure access to donors and the delivery of fresh products to researchers in need of rare blood samples.
Diseased peripheral blood samples are collected from volunteers participating in Institutional Review Board (IRB) approved donor programs. All collections follow a standardized collection procedure to guarantee consistency from donor to donor, eliminating variability in the collection procedure. In addition, donors may be eligible for recall every 8 weeks (pending the health of the donor), which allows for the study of disease progression within a single donor.
Popular Diseased Peripheral Blood Products
- Peripheral Blood
- Whole: Up to 100mLs of fresh whole blood is collected in 10mL EDTA tubes. Custom collection tube and anticoagulant available.
- Plasma: Samples are collected in 5mL and 10mL volumes in EDTA tubes. All samples are provided in either fresh or frozen formats.
- Serum: Samples are collected in 5mL and 10mL volumes in the absence of an anticoagulant. All samples are provided in either fresh or frozen formats.
- PBMCs: Diseased cells are available in 5x10e6 and 1x10e7 cells/vial in either fresh or frozen formats.
- Thyroid Cancer Remission
- Breast Cancer Remission
- Oral Cancer Remission
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- T-Cell Lymphoma
- Acute Lymphoid Leukemia (ALL)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
- Multiple Myeloma (MM)
Frequently Asked Questions
EDTA is used in the collection of our diseased products except for diseased peripheral blood serum.
Depending on the rarity of the disease, collection of diseased samples can vary. Please call our customer service team to determine the lead time for a specific disease type.
Yes, pending the health of the donor.
Yes, all of our diseased products are offered as fresh.
Primary cells are very sensitive to many aspects of the thawing procedure, such as heat, DMSO, agitation, and high centripetal forces. Obtaining high viability after thawing human primary cells can be difficult if not performed quickly and with good laboratory techniques. At StemExpress, our laboratory technicians have years of experience handling and thawing frozen human primary cells and have designed a procedure that will help you obtain the highest viability of your cells. Click Thawing Protocol to access the protocol.