Your source for quality fresh and cryopreserved human cells
StemExpress is a leading supplier of human cord blood and primary cells. StemExpress' cord blood is needle aspirated from the umbilical cord vein into a sterile collection bag containing the anticoagulant citrate phosphate double dextrose (CPD). Cord blood is shipped directly to customers after collection or processed into a specific primary cell population at our GLP regulatory-compliant laboratory.
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
Your Cells, Your Way!
- Umbilical Cord Blood
- Plasma (Single or Mixed)
- Mononuclear Cells
- Stem and Progenitor Cells (Single or Mixed)
- T Cells, B Cells, Monocytes, and NK Cells
- Other subsets available
- Cord blood disease screen (HIV, HBV, and HCV negative)
- IRB approved consents and protocols
DONOR CRITERIA OPTIONS
- Additional infectious disease testing (i.e. CMV)
- HLA, ABO and RhD typing available
- Specific donor demographics (i.e. ethnicity)
- Custom processing procedures available
- Customizable cell isolations
- Positive and negative cell isolations
- Multiple cell types from the same donor
- Custom vialing sizes and cell counts
FLEXIBLE SHIPPING OPTIONS
- Custom media and buﬀer
- Customizable packaging options
- Cryo shipping available
- FedEx®, World Courier®, UPS®
- Global shipping
Frequently Asked Questions
Each cord is different and the number of CD 34+ cells varies greatly among the individual donors. Typically, 1-4 million CD 34+ cells per cord can be collected. We can provide larger lots upon request.
Yes, upon request.
Yes, we have many researchers that use our CD34+ cells to humanize mice.
Takahashi et al. (2018) Enhanced Antibody Responses in a Novel NOG Transgenic Mouse with Restored Lymph Node Organogenesis. Front. Immunol 1(17). doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2017.02017.
Halkias et al. (2015) Conserved and Divergent Aspects of Human T-cell Development and Migration in Humanized Mice. Immunol Cell Biol 1-11. doi:10.1038/icb.2015.38.
NO, our cord blood CD34+ stem cells are for research use only and are not approved by the FDA for use in humans.
Yes, upon request.
Primary cells are very sensitive to many aspects of the thawing procedure, such as heat, DMSO, agitation, and high centripetal forces. Obtaining high viability after thawing human primary cells can be difficult if not performed quickly and with good laboratory techniques. At StemExpress, our laboratory technicians have years of experience handling and thawing frozen human primary cells and have designed a procedure that will help you obtain the highest viability of your cells. Click Thawing Protocol to access the protocol.